Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    World

    Courts Awards Girl Burned by Hot McDonald’s Hot Chicken Nuggets $800K

    A US jury has awarded a Florida family $800,000 in a civil lawsuit against McDonald’s and one of its franchisees, after a toddler was burned by hot chicken nuggets.

    In May 2023, the jury found that McDonald’s and franchise owner Upchurch Foods were liable for failing to properly warn or provide reasonable instructions on the possible harm from the hot McNuggets dispensed at a Tamarac, Florida, drive-thru.

    On Thursday, July 20, the jury awarded the family a total of $800,000 for pain and suffering, disfigurement, mental anguish, inconvenience, and loss of capacity for enjoyment of life.

    That includes $400,000 for injuries sustained in the past and $400,000 for damages the jury determined will be sustained in the future.

    In a statement, attorneys for the family said, “This momentous decision brings meaningful closure to an arduous and protracted legal process.

    “Having previously established the defendants, Upchurch Foods Inc and McDonald’s USA LLC, as liable for their wrongful actions, this verdict reaffirms that they must now face the consequences and provide full justice.”

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    ad

    You May Also Like

    Tech

    MTN Nigeria says it plans to pass fibre to eight million homes over the next three years as part of efforts to deepen broadband...

    News

    Joe Ajaero, President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and General Secretary of the National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE), has described the power...

    News

    Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Monday granted bail in the sum of N5 million to social critic, Chidebere Justice,...

    Sports

    Jose Mourinho has agreed terms on his return to Real Madrid, according to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano. The 63-year-old will return to the club...