Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    News

    Police Confirm Kidnap of 8 Person in Zaria, Kaduna State

    Kaduna State Police Command on Sunday confirmed the abduction of eight people at the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Center in Zaria town, state.

    The command’s public relations officer, ASP Muhammed Jalige, confirmed the incident in a statement released in Kaduna on Sunday.

    Jalige said that in the early hours of Sunday around 1:30 a.m., suspected bandits in large numbers attacked a divisional police headquarters in the Saye de Zaria neighborhood.

    “In an attempt to crush the officers on duty, they encountered strong resistance as there was a significant exchange of fire between the bandits and the police on duty.

    “Unfortunately, as in the same period, certain groups of bandits attacked the National Center for the fight against tuberculosis and leprosy in Saye, eight people of which were kidnapped and taken to an unknown destination,” he said.

    He revealed that 23 empty shells and three live GPMG ammunition, as well as 34 empty 7.62 x 39 mm rounds, were recovered from the scene.

    He said efforts had been stepped up to rescue those abducted. (NAN)

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    ad

    You May Also Like

    World

    Ryan Breslow, Bolt Chief Executive Officer, has defended the company’s decision to dissolve its human resources department, saying the team had been “creating problems...

    News

    The U.S. government will permanently drop tax claims against President Trump, according to a settlement document made public Tuesday, May 19, in an extraordinary...

    Security & Crime

    National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has uncovered what it described as the largest clandestine methamphetamine production factory ever discovered in Nigeria, arresting 10...

    News

    The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has arrested a 31-year-old Nigerian national, Barnabas Terhemba Jime, over a conviction related to conspiracy to commit...