Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    News

    Big Tech, Wall Street, and Crypto Donors Back Trump’s $300m White House Ballroom

    Trump
    Trump

    President Donald Trump’s proposed 90,000-square-foot White House ballroom is being financed by a coalition of major corporations, wealthy individuals, and political allies, according to a donor list released by the White House on Wednesday.

    The project, estimated to cost about $300 million, is being privately funded and will not draw from taxpayer resources, Trump said during a briefing.

    The administration had previously estimated the cost at $200 million.

    Among the corporate donors are tech giants Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Meta Platforms, and Coinbase, as well as defense contractor Lockheed Martin and media conglomerate Comcast Corporation.

    Other contributors include the co-founders of cryptocurrency exchange Gemini, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss; Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick and his family; and the Adelson Family Foundation.

    Miriam Adelson, a prominent Republican donor, was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Trump in 2018.

    The full list of donors includes:
    Altria Group, Booz Allen Hamilton, Caterpillar Inc., J. Pepe and Emilia Fanjul, Hard Rock International, HP Inc., Micron Technology, NextEra Energy, Palantir Technologies, Ripple, Reynolds American, T-Mobile, Tether America, Union Pacific Railroad, Stefan E. Brodie, Betty Wold Johnson Foundation, Charles and Marissa Cascarilla, Edward and Shari Glazer, Harold Hamm, Benjamin Leon Jr., The Laura & Isaac Perlmutter Foundation, Stephen A. Schwarzman, Konstantin Sokolov, Kelly Loeffler and Jeff Sprecher, and Paolo Tiramani.

    The ballroom is being constructed on the eastern side of the White House, replacing the traditional East Wing which housed the First Lady’s offices and served as the starting point for public tours.

    White House officials said the project reflects Trump’s vision to modernize and expand the executive residence, and that the donor list demonstrates broad support from corporate America and influential individuals

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You May Also Like

    Tech

    Federal Government has said it will conduct a comprehensive review of the proposed $6.2bn acquisition of IHS Holding Limited by MTN Group, citing the...

    E-Financial

    Debt Management Office (DMO) plans to raise ₦800 billion through Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) bonds in February 2026, a 128.6% jump from the...

    News

    Anambra State Police Command has apprehended four additional suspects linked to the brutal murder of three Cameroonian women, following confessions from two earlier detainees....

    Tech

    Members of the Association of Telecom Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) visited the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) headquarters on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, to strengthen...