Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    News

    Minister of Women Affairs Tells UN to Account of the Monies Sourced from Donors in Nigeria’s Name or Meet us in court

    Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye, Women Affairs Minister has threatened to sue the United Nations (UN) over alleged financial mismanagement.

    Addressing a press conference in Abuja on Monday, October 16, the minister claimed that the UN had been receiving monies from donors on behalf of Nigerians without giving proper account of how the monies are being used.

    “I stand here as the minister of women affairs to demand from all the UN of the account of all the monies they sourced from donors in Nigeria’s name. We want to see the account of what they did.

    If you don’t give us this account, at least let Nigerians see what’s going on, then you [UN] apologize to them. If we don’t get that report between now and November 15, we’re heading to court,” she said

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You May Also Like

    Tech

    Federal Government has said it will conduct a comprehensive review of the proposed $6.2bn acquisition of IHS Holding Limited by MTN Group, citing the...

    E-Financial

    Debt Management Office (DMO) plans to raise ₦800 billion through Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) bonds in February 2026, a 128.6% jump from the...

    Tech

    Members of the Association of Telecom Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) visited the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) headquarters on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, to strengthen...

    News

    Anambra State Police Command has apprehended four additional suspects linked to the brutal murder of three Cameroonian women, following confessions from two earlier detainees....