Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    News

    Zamfara Govt. Suspends Third Traditional Ruler over Banditry Allegations

    Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara approved the suspension of the Emir of Zurmi, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, for his alleged involvement in banditry.

    The suspension follows Thursday’s attack on the village of Kadawa in the emirate in which more than 90 people were reportedly killed by bandits.

    Zamfara state government department chief and acting secretary Alhaji Kabiru Balarabe told Gusau on Saturday that the governor had also set up a committee to investigate the allegations.

    The committee is chaired by Malam Ibrahim Wakkala, former vice-governor of the state.

    The committee members are Alhaji Mukhtar Anka, also former vice-governor of the state, Alhaji Faruku Dosara, head of the National Assembly, retiree DIG Mamman Tsafe and Alhaji Yusuf Zugu.

    Representatives of the police, DSS and NSCDC are also members, while Alhaji Musa Shinkafi, permanent secretary of the Ministry of Security and Home Affairs, will serve as secretary.

    The committee has three weeks to submit its report.

    The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the suspension of the Emir of Zurmi brings to three the number of traditional leaders suspended in Zamfara due to their alleged involvement in banditry,

    Dansadau Emir Alhaji Hussaini Umar and Nasarawa Maiayi District Chief Alhaji Bello Kiyawa had previously been suspended for the same issue.

    Alhaji Balarabe also said Governor Matawalle on Friday urged communities in the state to stand up and defend themselves against all forms of attacks. (NAN)

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You May Also Like

    News

    National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has thwarted an attempt by convicted drug kingpin Olashupo Michael Oladimeji to smuggle 1.10 kilograms of cocaine to...

    News

    Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC) has launched an immediate investigation into the data processing activities of popular e-commerce platform Temu, amid allegations of violating...

    Sports

    Organizers of the 2026 Milano-Cortina Winter Olympics are rushing to replenish free condom stocks at the Athletes’ Village after an initial 10,000 units vanished...

    News

    Three suspects have appeared before the Pretoria Magistrates’ Court facing charges of aggravated robbery and premeditated murder in connection with the killing of 22-year-old...