Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    Politics

    President Buhari never said he won’t hand over to Tinubu – Presidency

    buhari

    The Presidency has denied reports claiming President Buhari is unwilling to hand over to the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, at the end of his tenure on May 29.

    A statement released by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, described as ‘’outrageous and fake” speculations in some quota of the media alleging that the President is not willing to hand over to the President-elect come May 29.

    “The Presidency wishes to denounce as outrageous and fake, and condemns the fake news brigade for attributing a false quote to President Muhammadu Buhari and circulating it,. How can you vigorously campaign for somebody, vote for him and then say you won’t hand over to him? This beggars belief.”

    Shehu described the premise presented by an online medium as “pretty pathetic” adding that its ownership is “politically partisan in today’s politics, in fact a loser in the presidential election”.

    He alleged that instead of talking about issues, the platform repeatedly sold lies in the hope that people believe them as truth.

    “The government is already in transition phase. The Transition Committee, made up of representatives of the outgoing administration and the incoming one is meeting on an almost daily basis planning the handover to the Tinubu/Shettima administration.

    “Thirteen committees as offshoots of the main committee, some, to arrange military drills and pulling out of President Buhari, are either all at work or soon to be. So far, everything is going very well and there is no indication of any hitches.”

    Shehu added that the Daura community has begun their preparations to receive their son back after the “successful administration of the country for two terms of eight years,”and that President Buhari is also eager to return home to enjoy his retirement.

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You May Also Like

    Tech

    Federal Government has said it will conduct a comprehensive review of the proposed $6.2bn acquisition of IHS Holding Limited by MTN Group, citing the...

    E-Financial

    Debt Management Office (DMO) plans to raise ₦800 billion through Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) bonds in February 2026, a 128.6% jump from the...

    Tech

    Members of the Association of Telecom Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) visited the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) headquarters on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, to strengthen...

    Tech

    GigaLayer, a prominent player in Africa’s cloud infrastructure and domain services sector, has announced the acquisition of Registeram, a Nigerian domain registration and hosting...