Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sports

Napoli confirm the appointment of former Chelsea coach Antonio Conte as new manager

Antonio Conte

Napoli have confirmed the appointment of former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte as their new head coach on a three-year deal.

The 54-year-old Italian is the fourth head coach to be appointed since the departure of Scudetto-winning manager Luciano Spalletti following the 2022-23 season.

His appointment comes after Napoli endured a disastrous title-defence which saw them finish 10th place in Serie A, in what is regarded as one of the worst title defences in the league’s history.

“Napoli is a place of global importance. I am happy and excited at the idea of ​​sitting on the blue bench,” Conte said to the club website.

He continued: “I can certainly promise one thing: I will do my utmost for the growth of the team and the club. My commitment, together with that of my staff, it will be total.”

“I am very proud that the new coach of Napoli is Antonio Conte,’ said De Laurentiis. ‘Antonio is a top coach, a leader, with whom I am sure that the necessary refoundation can begin after the conclusion of the cycle that led us to win the scudetto last year after many seasons at the top of Italian football.

“Today an important new chapter in the history of Napoli opens.”

The Italian coach arrives in Naples after 15 months away from the game. His last position at Tottenham Hotspur came to an end after less than two years in north London.

Antonio Conte has been made coach in Serie A on four separate occasions, three times with Juventus, and a solitary time with Inter Milan.

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ad

You May Also Like

Tech

National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has announced a milestone achievement, with over 117 million Nigerians now enrolled for the National Identity Number (NIN) as...

Tech

Samsung Electronics has taken a bold step in enhancing user experience and inclusivity by introducing Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba as official language options on...

News

A BBC investigation has uncovered a widespread immigration scam targeting foreign nationals seeking employment in the UK care sector, with recruitment agents, including a...

News

Arik Air in 2024, airlifted 2,239,176 passengers between January 1, 2024, to December 31, 2024, a report sourced from the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority...