Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    Metro

    Court remands baker over alleged anal sex with minor

    Federal-High-Court-Lagos

    An Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court has remanded a 38-year-old man, Samuel Emmanuel, to Kirikiri Correctional Centre for allegedly having anal sex with a minor.

    The Chief Magistrate, Mrs B.O Osunsanmi gave the order during a court hearing today January 9. He refused to listen to the defendant’s plea.

    The prosecutor, ASP Raji Akeem, told the court that the offence was committed on Nov. 25 at Ile-Ojo area, Ibeju, Lekki, Lagos. Akeem said that the defendant called the victim, a 12-year-old girl, who hawks cow skin, pretending he wanted to buy some. The prosecutor said that the defendant dragged the girl inside his room and forcefully had anal sex on her.

    Read Also: Jetstream, a Ghanaian e-logistics platform Raises $13M Debt, Equity Funding

    Akeem said that the neighbours who heard the screaming girl rushed to break the door and rescued her but she was already molested. According to the prosecutor, the offence contravenes Section 261 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

    At the court hearing, the Magistrate ordered the suspect to be remanded in Kirikiri Correctional Centre until Jan. 25 for the Director of public prosecution’s advice.

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    ad

    You May Also Like

    News

    MTN Nigeria on Sunday, May 17, 2026, celebrated outstanding alumni of its Media Innovation Programme (MIP) at the MIP Alumni Award Night held at...

    World

    Ryan Breslow, Bolt Chief Executive Officer, has defended the company’s decision to dissolve its human resources department, saying the team had been “creating problems...

    Tech

    Dr.Aminu Maida, executive vice chairman and chief executive officer of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), has been confirmed as Special Guest of Honour at...

    News

    The U.S. government will permanently drop tax claims against President Trump, according to a settlement document made public Tuesday, May 19, in an extraordinary...