Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    Tech

    Twitter dissolves its Trust and Safety Council

    Twitter

    Social media company, Twitter has disbanded its Trust and Safety Council, a volunteer group established in 2016 to advise on-site decisions.

    Half of Twitter’s staff around 3,700 employees have been fired since Elon Musk took charge of the company and introduced a cost-cutting drive.

    Over 1,000 have resigned, among them Yoel Roth, the company’s former head of trust and safety.

    Read Also: FG Permits Nigerians with Expired Passport to Return Home

    “As Twitter moves into a new phase, we are reevaluating how best to bring external insights into our product and policy development work. As part of this process, we have decided that the Trust and Safety Council is not the best structure to do this,” an email sent to the Trust and Safety Council members, seen by Reuters, said.

    Also a Twitter page for the group has been deleted.

    The Trust and safety council had various civil rights organisations, academics and other bodies that promoted safety and advised Twitter as it developed products, programs, and rules, according to a web archive for the page.

    “Our work to make Twitter a safe, informative place will be moving faster and more aggressively than ever before and we will continue to welcome your ideas going forward about how to achieve this goal,” the email from Twitter said.

    Last week, three members of the Council resigned bringing up concern for the safety of Twitter users. Musk had responded on the microblogging site accusing council members of refusing to take action on child exploitation, a claim former CEO Jack Dorsey said was “false”.

    “It is clear from research evidence that, contrary to claims by Elon Musk, the safety and wellbeing of Twitter’s users are on the decline,” council member Anne Collier tweeted.

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You May Also Like

    Tech

    Federal Government has said it will conduct a comprehensive review of the proposed $6.2bn acquisition of IHS Holding Limited by MTN Group, citing the...

    E-Financial

    Debt Management Office (DMO) plans to raise ₦800 billion through Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) bonds in February 2026, a 128.6% jump from the...

    Tech

    Members of the Association of Telecom Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) visited the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) headquarters on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, to strengthen...

    News

    Anambra State Police Command has apprehended four additional suspects linked to the brutal murder of three Cameroonian women, following confessions from two earlier detainees....