Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    World

    Trump sues his former lawyer Michael Cohen for $500 million, alleging breach of contract

    Donald-trump-michael-cohen

    Former US President Donald Trump is suing Michael Cohen for $500 million in damages for allegedly breaching his contract as Trump’s former personal attorney.

    The lawsuit, filed in a Florida federal court on Wednesday, April 12 accuses Cohen of spreading false information about Trump and breaching his contractual obligations to the former president in Cohen’s public statements, published books, podcast series and other media appearances.

    Cohen, known as Trump’s onetime “fixer,” recently came back to the spotlight after Trump pleaded not guilty last week to 34 charges of falsifying business records following an investigation into hush money payments made to adult film star Stormy Daniels.

    The payments were coordinated by Cohen in the days before the 2016 election, with Cohen completely cooperating with federal prosecutors.

    Trump’s ire over Cohen’s cooperation resulted in the new lawsuit.

    The lawsuit claims Cohen breached attorney-client privilege and unjustly enriched himself, among other allegations. Trump said that Cohen violated his attorney-client relationship with Trump by “spreading falsehoods” and revealing confidential information, according to court filings.

    The filing attacks Cohen’s credibility as he is expected to be a key witness in Trump’s impending criminal trial in New York.

    The lawsuit claims Cohen breached the terms of a confidentiality agreement he agreed to while working for Trump, saying he did so “with malicious intent and to wholly self-serving ends.”

    The filing references statements Cohen made in his book, “Disloyal: A Memoir,” as well as on his podcast and through media appearances, calling these the “most egregious breaches” of his contract with Trump.

     

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    ad

    You May Also Like

    Tech

    Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has called for stronger collaboration with the judiciary to safeguard telecommunications infrastructure, tackle cybercrime and promote online safety amid Nigeria’s...

    News

    Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC), acting as liquidator of the defunct Gulf Bank Plc, has instituted two separate suits against Wema Bank Plc over...

    Tech

    Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on Thursday said Nigerians consumed more than 1.42 million terabytes of data in March 2026, reflecting a rapid expansion of...

    News

    A newly elected councillor in the United Kingdom has come under public scrutiny after reports revealed he also works as an online adult content...