Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    Broadcasting

    No visa ban on Nigerians – Turkish embassy

    Turkish Embassy

    The Turkish Embassy in Nigeria has denied reports of visa ban on Nigerian passport holders. Last week, reports surfaced online claiming that Ethiopia, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates had revoked certain privileges for Nigerian passport holders, such as visa-on-arrival, e-visa, and outright passport issues.

    The report alleged that Turkey no longer allows Nigerian passport holders to obtain its e-visa, which was previously a seamless process.

    However, in a chat with newsmen, the Personal Secretary to the Turkish Ambassador to Nigeria, Wunmi Evelyn, said

    “There is no visa ban on Nigerian passport holders. As it is well-known, if there will be any update regarding rules and procedures of the policies and practices of any country, these updates are officially notified to the respective foreign ministries, and statements/announcements are issued by the embassies.

    Visa applications are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, the secretary explained, addressing specific instances where applicants faced rejections.

    While every application has been considered as case by case, for an applicant who has previously been denied a visa, (if there is not any fraud or forged documents detected) he/she should correct the mistakes that have been made in his/her initial application and try to improve the quality of his/her application.

    Besides, he/she should update the documentation and refrain from supplying old versions of required supporting documents,” she said

    This comes following the ranking of Nigeria’s passport among the world’s least powerful, according to the Henley Passport Index. In 2023, Nigeria was ranked 90th globally, allowing visa-free admission to only 46 out of 227 destinations.

    Nigeria’s passport is the fifth-worst in Africa, tied with South Sudan, and only ahead of Congo, Eritrea, Sudan, Libya, and Somalia.

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You May Also Like

    Tech

    Federal Government has said it will conduct a comprehensive review of the proposed $6.2bn acquisition of IHS Holding Limited by MTN Group, citing the...

    E-Financial

    Debt Management Office (DMO) plans to raise ₦800 billion through Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) bonds in February 2026, a 128.6% jump from the...

    News

    Anambra State Police Command has apprehended four additional suspects linked to the brutal murder of three Cameroonian women, following confessions from two earlier detainees....

    Tech

    Members of the Association of Telecom Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) visited the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) headquarters on Tuesday, February 17, 2026, to strengthen...