Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    News

    Ministry of Women Affairs Staff Lock Out Minister Over Welfare Neglect

    Minister Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim
    Minister Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim

    Staff of the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs staged a protest on Wednesday, locking out Minister Imaan Sulaiman-Ibrahim over what they described as prolonged neglect and poor working conditions.

    Gathering in large numbers at the Ministry’s headquarters in the Central Area, Abuja, the workers blocked the entrance gates, chanting solidarity songs and demanding the Minister’s removal.

    According to protesting staff, repeated efforts to engage the Minister on welfare issues had failed. One staff member told journalists, “The Minister was deployed here in October last year and has never held a meeting with us or the unions. She finally scheduled one for today, and we were hopeful.”

    Staff, including the Permanent Secretary and Directors, reportedly waited for over four hours for the Minister’s arrival.

    Upon her return from a trip, she allegedly ignored the waiting staff and proceeded to her office without greeting or explanation. “We waited another hour, but she never came down. That’s when we decided to express our grievances,” the staff member added.

    Union leaders accused the Minister of failing to provide basic working tools and support. Alake Success, a union representative, stated, “There are no working tools, no statutory welfare, no training. We use our own money to work. Cleaners are gone—we clean the toilets ourselves.”

    He further claimed that overhead allocations are misused, primarily benefiting the Minister and her over 25 aides. Even the Permanent Secretary, he said, had tried to raise staff concerns with no positive response.

    As of press time, the Ministry gates remained locked, and the Minister had yet to address the aggrieved workers or respond to the allegations.

     

     

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    ad

    You May Also Like

    News

    Three suspects have appeared before the Pretoria Magistrates’ Court facing charges of aggravated robbery and premeditated murder in connection with the killing of 22-year-old...

    News

    Nigeria Data Protection Commission (NDPC) has launched an immediate investigation into the data processing activities of popular e-commerce platform Temu, amid allegations of violating...

    News

    Federal Government has filed a three-count charge against former Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, at the Federal High Court in Abuja over the...

    News

    National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has thwarted an attempt by convicted drug kingpin Olashupo Michael Oladimeji to smuggle 1.10 kilograms of cocaine to...