Connect with us

    Hi, what are you looking for?

    Metro

    Lagos Police Arrest Hotelier for Alleged Sexual Assault on Teenage Boy – Ravenewsonline

    Zone 2 Police Command in Lagos State has arrested a hotelier, Opara Macdonald, over allegations of having unlawful carnal knowledge of a teenage boy.

    The Zonal Public Relations Officcer (ZPRO) CSP Ummal Ayuba, paraded the suspect at the command headquarters, Onikan.

    “The Zone 2 Command of the Nigeria Police Force hereby parades one Opara Macdonald (male), the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Leuven Empire Hotel and Suites, Ejigbo, Lagos, following allegations of having unlawful carnal knowledge of a minor, an act against the order of nature,” Ayuba said.

    “This development follows a petition dated January 23, 2025, submitted to the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 2 Command Headquarters, Onikan, Lagos, by one Edozie Christian (male) of Isheri-Osun, Lagos, on behalf of his 16-year-old son, Chigozie Edozie (male).

    “The petition alleged that the suspect, Opara Macdonald, engaged in unlawful sexual acts with the minor.

    “Upon receipt of the petition, the Assistant Inspector General of Police assigned CSP Uba Bangajiya Adams to conduct a discreet investigation into the matter.

    “The victim, initially fearful of speaking out due to threats allegedly made by the suspect, confided in his mother.

    “He recounted that Opara Macdonald warned him that disclosing the incident would result in his losing his sanity.”

    “Reassured by his mother, the victim detailed how the suspect had taken him from the hotel in his vehicle to his residence at No. 4B, Oshoba Street, Akowonjo-Egbeda, Lagos, where he was forcefully subjected to unlawful sexual acts.

    “Following the incident, the suspect allegedly provided the victim with a bottle of Lucozade Boost and a cash sum of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00

    “Upon this revelation, the victim’s parents reported the matter to the Isheri-Osun Police Division.”

    “Investigative actions were initiated, but rather than cooperating with law enforcement, the suspect refused to honour police invitations and instead attempted to manipulate the process. Seeking to evade justice, he escalated the matter to the Zone 2 Command Headquarters, where he was subsequently apprehended.

    “To ascertain the veracity of the claims, the victim underwent a medical examination at Mirabel Medical Centre. Additionally, a close friend of the victim, who was present at the hotel on the day of the incident, corroborated the allegations.

    “This friend confirmed that the suspect had been engaging in unlawful acts with the victim and had also attempted a similar act with him, which he resisted.

    “He further presented recorded telephone conversations, chat histories, and video evidence filmed by the victim within the suspect’s residence using the suspect’s own phone.

    “Initially, the suspect denied knowing the victim. However, when confronted with evidence, he admitted to taking Chigozie Edozie to his residence.

    “The suspect allegedly threatened the victim with psychological harm should he reveal the incident, and since making his confession, the victim has exhibited signs of mental distress.”

    The ZPRO said that investigations also uncovered unprofessional conduct by the initial Investigating Police Officer (IPO), who removed a key witness’ statement from the case file before transferring it to the Zone 2 Command Headquarters.

    “The IPO has since been detained and is undergoing disciplinary procedures.

    “Contrary to certain media reports, the medical report from Mirabel Medical Centre remains authentic and has not been tampered with in anyway, ” she ADDED.

    According to her, the victim is currently receiving medical care, and upon completion of investigations, the suspect will be formally charged in court.

    She said that the suspect also lured five other teenagers to his hotel, where he sodomised them and warned the boys that they would die if they revealed the incident to anyone.

    Mrs Ayuba said that AIG Fayoade urged parents and guardians to remain vigilant, closely monitor their children’s activities, and provide guidance to protect them from harmful influences.

    Meanwhile, the suspect, while speaking with journalists, denied ever sodomising the victim or any other boy.

    He also insisted that only a judge can convict him for the alleged offence.

    “I never did it, except if a judge convicts me of that,” he said.

    The hotelier also blamed his competitors in the area for his predicament, while also admitting to having given the victim N5000, which he claimed was for swimming and internet games.

    Loading

    Spread the love
    Click to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    ad

    You May Also Like

    News

    Justice James Omotosho of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Wednesday sentenced former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman, to 75 years imprisonment over the...

    Tech

    Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has called for stronger collaboration with the judiciary to safeguard telecommunications infrastructure, tackle cybercrime and promote online safety amid Nigeria’s...

    Tech

    The organizing committee of the 2026 Nigeria DigitalSENSE Forum (NDSF) on Internet Governance for Development (IG4D) is proud to announce Dr. Olusola Teniola as...

    Tech

    Google’s annual I/O developer conference is a hub for exciting product updates. This year, “The Android Show: I/O Edition” offered an early preview of...