Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

FG to spend $1.2m to purchase 40 buses to move Nigerians stranded in Sudan

Minister Geoffery Onyema

Geoffery Onyeama, Minister of Foreign Affairs, says the Federal government will be spending $1.2 million to purchase 40 luxurious buses to be used for the evacuation of Nigerians trapped in Sudan.

Channels TV reports that Onyeama disclosed this while speaking to state house correspondents after the Federal Executive Council meeting. Onyeama said the Federal government will evacuate citizens within days despite the 72-hour ceasefire agreement in Sudan.

He said women and children will be given utmost priority during the evacuation process. Affirming that no Nigerian life has been lost so far, the Minister of State for foreign affairs, Zubairu Dada stated that the first batch of Nigerians are being conveyed as of now, noting that citizens will be conveyed via buses through Egypt and consequently airlifted.

He also added that Some Nigerians who had already been transported to Saudi Arabia, where a linked-up with the aircraft is imminent.

Earlier today, the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) disclosed that some luxurious buses arrived Sudan on Tuesday night with more buses expected to arrive on Wednesday morning with help from the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and the Nigerian Embassy in Sudan.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ad

You May Also Like

News

A BBC investigation has uncovered a widespread immigration scam targeting foreign nationals seeking employment in the UK care sector, with recruitment agents, including a...

News

National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) has predicted that the price of Premium Motor Spirit (petrol) will decline as Dangote Refinery and...

Tech

French antitrust regulators have fined Apple 150 million euros ($162 million) over its App Tracking Transparency (ATT) feature, which is facing scrutiny in multiple...

World

United States Democratic Party has urged a US court to block President Donald Trump’s executive order overhauling the election system, arguing that the changes...